Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Sabbatical - Me, Myself and ahem Baby

Hi I'm back and boy do we have a lot to catch up on. 

Two months ago, I got tired of hearing myself complaining about work and decided to do something about it. It took one particularly sleep-deprived and high strung morning to convince me I needed a break but I did it. Found a nice window of opportunity and gently requested the bosses to give me 4 months off to "rejuvenate"(in reality more to "recover"). 6 months would have been nicer but given how accommodating they were, I was happy to compromise. 

And yes, I am pregnant. Conceived before my sabbatical, during the mad rush to wrap up my projects. B and I had planned for a baby ever since we got hitched last September (I ain't no spring chicken no more), but even I have to admit, the timing couldn't be better.

So here I am, midway through the sabbatical and 3 months preggers, thinking: "I better document this before it just passes me by"

I decide to re-start this old blog. Because even if nobody's interested to read what I get up to, at least I can relive the sweet sloth of my afternoon naps the next time I am stuck in the office at 10pm haha.   

I will still write about food of course. And document the mini projects and excursions of a TTT "tentative tai tai" in Singapore (unfortunately having a baby on board means limited travel, though a babymoon is in the cards). Importantly, I want to record my quirks on the pregnancy - the milestones, keeping fit while pregnant, and getting prepared to be responsible for another being the next 18 years. 

While it's unlikely I will turn into one of those babyzillas anytime soon(I love my sashimi too much), please bear with my bump pictures which I WILL post, simply because I can't wait to sprout the bump (I just feel fat right now). Leaving you with a photo I took while out jogging the other day. Probably by a guy wanting to impress a girl but I'm stealing it hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment