Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee

I'm not a big BCM fan. When I used to live in Shanghai, BCM almost never featured on my must-go-makan list when I'm back. It's nice yes, but there are just too many other distractions. So it was funny how (go figure, hormones) when not one, not two but three friends separately posted their Tai Hwa Bak Chor mee food pics on Facebook, a monster BCM craving overtook me and I just had to have it.

B wasn't working that day so we got to the stall on a weekday at 10.30am. We beat the lunch crowd and there was only four persons ahead of us in the queue. Yippee! Unfortunately, service was really slow so it still took 25 min before we got our food. I shudder to think how long people normally waited during peak hours. Against this psyche of being lucky/timely enough to only face a short queue, we couldn't resist each ordering the biggest bowl at $10!


It was a beauty alright. A huge bowl of vinegary mee pok heaped with nuggets of minced pork, sliced pork, pork dumplings, pig liver and pork balls. We polished the bowl off in no time.

Would I go back again for this? Probably. But no way I'm going to queue during peak hours.

#01-12, Tai Hwa Eating House, 466 Crawford Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment