Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tampopo 1-for-1

Being on sabbatical means not having an income, and having to tighten the purse strings to stretch my dollar. Luckily, being on sabbatical also means the luxury of time to compare food prices at supermarkets (yes, I am very much an auntie now, and no, I still don't go to the wet market).

But while I enjoy cooking and will unabashedly say I'm quite a good cook, home-cooked meals get boring after a while. Note to all husbands out there - It's very much a treat when you take your stay-home wifeys out for a nice meal. Take it from this pseudo housewife - Happy wife, happy life!

B and I have been trying to check out more "simple dinner" options near our house. We felt like having Japanese so we decided to explore Liang Court. After browsing around some uninspiring choices, we settled on Tampopo. The restaurant was bustling, which is always a good sign.

The moment we walked in, I saw a table of four all having giant bowls of ramen. Looks yummy, I pointed out excitedly to B (sorry strangers, a bit rude of me).

Ramen craving triggered, it was a bit of a minor victory when B and I saw this promotion. Scores!


From Mondays to Fridays (Friday nights excluded), up until end May, you can order a bowl of ramen and get the second bowl free. There's a choice of the black pig fry ramen, or the tonkatsu ramen. B and I ordered one of each.

Mine was the black pig fry ramen and it was very good. Comparing to the tonkatsu ramen, my broth was lighter but spicier, while the tonkatsu was more robust (likely from the miso). Both the black pig and tonkatsu were super tasty and crispy fried, I'm told its a strength of Tampopo.


$17++ for 2 bowls of good ramen. Excellent deal, all you need is a DBS credit card for this promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment