Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Public Izakaya by Hachi

Let me just start off by saying that I have been back here for lunch three times in the past two weeks. Not just because it's good, but more because I've gobbled my food before taking a photograph the first two times, and I really wanted to blog about this!

I also want to disclaim that I've been so happy with the grilled chicken with minced pork and onsen egg rice bowl that I've ordered it three times in a row, so I cannot comment first hand whether the rest of the lunch offerings are as good.


Here's the menu, L (whom I was with the 2nd visit) has had the pork ribs version of my rice bowl and said it was awesome too. My colleagues (this visit) had the negitoro minced tuna set and they liked it. As you can see, prices are reasonable. Each lunch set is from $16 - 18++ and comes with pickles, miso soup and a salad. You get a one-time go at the salad buffet to fill up your bowl.


This was what I got: Caesar salad, potato salad, braised lotus root and radish and carrot. Oh, do go early! I was there by 12.15pm so the early bird also got an extra mini bowl of cold soba. Cheap (in this case, free) thrills are the best thrills, don't you agree? Haha.


And here's my beautiful rice bowl. I had asked for less rice and minced pork because I had a huge breakfast but the portions were still pretty hefty. Imagine more minced pork. How I like to eat this is to mix everything up nice and even - I took a pic but it looks gross so not posting here. Really delish though! Really hit the spot. Needless to say, I inhaled the bowl within minutes.

Nope, I am not sick of it yet. I bumped into another colleague at 100AM (the amara shopping centre) and we are arranging lunch, so who knows, I may go back again next week for my fix! Yes, same dish. I'm boring this way, burp.

#01-09, 100AM, 100 Tras Street

No comments:

Post a Comment