Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baba Peranakan Truly

My sis won't be too pleased I'm blogging about her go-to place for cheap and good peranakan food, but this place is too good not to share. Granted, westies might hesitate to make the journey, but for people living in the east, you should definitely go and check it out. Preferably on days other than Saturday afternoons, so that my sis will still get her quiet time there haha.


Don't expect a fancy joint because this is literally a hole in the wall. There are tables strewn outside as well as some tables inside where it's air-conditioned, but order at the counter because there won't be waiters coming around to take your order. 

Since it was lunch, sis and I just ordered mee rebus and nonya prawn mee respectively. "Must try the chap chye" sis says, so we got one serving to share. 


The food was indeed tasty and flavorful - thumbs up! The chap chye is probably the best I've had (EVER). Lucky for me sis hates mushrooms so ALL the plump succulent mushrooms were MINE. 

After draining the last of my prawn mee soup dry, I announced to my sis that I was still hungry. One of the best things about being preggers is that I can be shameless about my gluttony. "Mustn't let the pregnant woman go hungry" is the motto, so we ordered a mee goreng to share (naturally, the most sinful item). 


Look at that beauty.   Comparable/ even better than Jumbo's version. They were super duper generous with the seafood, and it was very fresh. To be honest, I was quite stuffed but the mee was so yummy that we polished it off in no time.  

The best part? How affordable everything was! Our meal only cost us $20+! I cannot wait to drag B here for dinner and order dishes. That assam fish head was calling out to me...

Roxy Square
(I don't have the address but it's on the ground floor facing the main road you can't miss it)

No comments:

Post a Comment