Monday, May 26, 2014

Kin Kin Chilli Ban Mee

I'm a couple of months late but I finally made it to Kin Kin! The popular stall from KL opened its first outlet in Singapore, and from what I've seen on social media, the queues were just crazy long the first few weeks. The good news is that while the restaurant was quite busy last Saturday afternoon, we easily got a table, placed our orders and got our food in less than 20 minutes. 

The bad news is that I felt a bit cheated by the price. I can accept paying $5 for a basic bowl of noodles but $3 more for 4 miserable clams leaves a bad taste. Notwithstanding the poor value, the food itself was pretty tasty. The noodles were fresh with a good texture. The chilli was the star and packed enough omph. Together with the oozy egg yolk and minced pork, it made for a fairly satisfying meal. 




We ordered pork and fish balls to share. The pork balls were ok but the fish balls stood out. Softer than the usual fish balls I am used to, a bit like tofu. Interesting in a good way.

Would I go back? To be honest, I don't think so - Macpherson is a bit out of the way for me and I've had better ban mee elsewhere. I suppose the fact that I had the runs that night also make me hesitant to return, haha.   

No comments:

Post a Comment