Friday, May 16, 2014

Audi Fashion Festival

First of all, a minor victory that this pregnant lady yours truly managed to fit her 18 week bump into her Ong Shunmugam dress. Second, she is so wowed by the new collection showcased at this year's Audi Fashion Festival that she now has new motivation to lose her impending baby weight in order to do the pieces she will/ must acquire justice. 

Ong Shunmugam has made a name for herself with the brand's interpretations of the traditional Asian dress. This season, she takes it further again matching with some traditional batik prints with bold modern geometric prints -  lovely! See an example of what I mean - batik top with geometric skirt.



(I wished I had more and better pics to show for tonight but I only had my handphone camera and it's not very good). 

The show started with some cropped top and culotte outfits which were nice but I dare not be ambitious enough to think I can carry off. Next, she also had some nice traditionally cut cheongsam dresses in muted yellows and blues, dang, can my wardrobe accept more cheongsams? Maybe I should get this flirty flare cut cheongsam piece (argh super blurry shot) - that lovely muted green!



There were some funkier front drapey (think hanging cloth in between legs) which looked interesting. Will need to try these to decide they are feasible for me. Also keeping fingers crossed I can fit the slightly pointed shoulders of some of the dresses. Can't wait for the new collection pics to be uploaded on her website in their full glory. Here are some from Instagram. 



Thanks A for asking me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment