Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fukuichi

I remember the first time Elaine brought me to Shinobu Dining at PSA Building for lunch and I was impressed with the great lunch bento sets. The following week I dragged K down for dinner and again, the food wow-ed us. Imagine how bummed I was, when the restaurant closed down last year and (sniff), I didn't even get to say goodbye!


By a stroke of luck I found out recently that the ex-Shinobu has moved to TripleOne Somerset. Since that precious bit of discovery, I have been back not once not twice but three times, in the past two months (which for me is saying a lot).

Their sashimi is freshly flown from Japanese and very good. But I usually just attack the cooked food - highlight being my kani tofu! Fresh crabstick encased in smooth tofu and smothered in creamy century egg sauce and topped off with more finely diced century egg. My kind of heaveeen..


Another must-try is the the mentaiko cod. Yums. I love everything with mentaiko so this dish is right up my alley. Great balance of salty creamy (oops the cholesterol) mentaiko with sweet oiliness (double oops) of codfish. Best for sharing with another person as it can get a bit jelat.


Then try the almond crusted ebi tempura. I've never seen it anywhere else and they really do it very well at Fukuichi. So generous with the almonds too. Lastly, if you are like me and need some carbo to complete a meal, order the aburi salmon maki. I don't have a pic here but it's good, trust me.




No comments:

Post a Comment