Sunday, March 13, 2011

Essensuals at Bugis

It's time for a haircut but I'm a bit cash strapped after paying for my flat. What to do? Let my hair go untamed? Luckily for me, I found this precious little salon which offers great hairdressing services at amazingly affordable prices.

Essensuals is located at Bugis Village, directly above Burger King (enter from the staircase by the side). I liked the space the moment I walked into it - modern, clean with lots of natural lighting - always puts me in a relaxed mood.

Service was warm and welcoming. The stylist Gina patiently discussed the hair style I wanted with me after I announced I wanted the Haircut, Blowdry and Treatment option at $50 nett (!!!) option. Check out the other fab deals they offer.
First, the hair wash. I was impressed when the shampoo boy (sorry, for lack of a better term) asked if I preferred cold or warm water. It was an unhurried relaxing 10 minute wash at the sink. Next, they did the 20 minute hair treatment using this impressive looking steam/heating contraption. Finally, the haircut - to Gina's credit, she understood my anxiety at cutting bangs and suggested a "progressive approach". Oops, difficult customer I am. She just earned for herself a returning customer. At these prices, I am tempted to get some khaki highlights soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment