Thursday, August 11, 2011

Space Warehouse (HK)

I’ve never been a big fan of expensive bags. It’s a personal choice, really, I’m one of those people who like to throw my stuff (bags, clothes) around and expensive bags make me nervous. What if I spill red wine on that luscious leather?

I wasn't planning on visiting Space Warehouse during my Hong Kong trip. But I’m glad I did. I knew prices would be cheaper at this Miu Miu and Prada outlet but I didn’t expect to find such great bargains there. Erm, yes. I am officially the proud owner of a full leather Prada bag!

Just to give you an idea of the potential savings (though some have argued “real” savings are greater on non-purchases), a bag like this would cost close to $4,000 in Singapore. At the outlet, taking into consideration the marked-down price, no sales tax and the very favorable exchange rate, I got this at only $1,900.

Interested to check out the outlet for yourself? It’s a bit out of the way in Ap Lei Chau but here are step-by-step idiot-proof instructions. Trust me, I went alone and found the place easily enough. Save cab fare so you can buy more *grin*

1. Take the MTR to the Central MTR station and look for the exit that brings you to the IFC (International Finance Centre).

2. Between IFC and (I think it’s) Exchange Square, there is a bus terminus on the ground level. Just ask around if you are not sure where the terminus is.

3. Take bus m590 to Ap Lei Chau.

4. The ride takes about 30 minutes and it involves crossing over a bridge to Ap Lei Chau. Be alert once the bus crosses the bridge. You need to keep an eye out for a sign on the left side of the road that says South Horizon. Once you see it, alight from the bus.

5. Space Warehouse is just a short walk ahead. It’s next to a yellow building which is the Marina Square East Market (see my pic).

6. If you missed that bus stop (which I did), worry not. Simply alight at the next bus stop. Get down, cross the street, and just simply walk back to Space Warehouse. Happy Shopping!

Address:
Space Warehouse
2/F, South Horizons Plaza (East Wing)
Ap Lei Chau, HK Island,
HK

No comments:

Post a Comment