Saturday, August 27, 2011

Quaraba'r (Siglap)

I was on half day leave and Dee was free, so we decided to pop by our friendly neighborhood bar for some happy hour one-on-one girly catch-up. We met at 6pm and were the first customers there – yay the whole place to ourselves! Not for long though, because by 7pm+ the place started filling up.

Quaruba’r is as good as neighbourhood bars come. They have excellent happy hour prices and the wine selection there is surprisingly quite varied. I had a very pleasant bottle of Errazuriz (Chilean) sauvignon blanc at $68.

The pub grub there is more than decent and portions are hearty. Yes that huge plate of nicely fried and fresh calamari was only $9! The fish and chips I had there the last visit was respectable too. I will try the beef burger the next time I’m there.

The jazz band comes on around 9pm+ and they are pretty good. All in all, Quaraba’r has never failed me. It is friendly, cosy and familiar, the perfect place for a can’t-be-bothered-to-dress-up night out with old friends. Gem of the east?

Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment