Saturday, May 28, 2011

Brawn Steakhouse

I'm a sucker for deals, I am. Brawn is a new steakhouse at Marina Bay Financial Centre which I had walked past a few times and thought looked nice. When I heard about the 1-for-1 Dinner Special with DBS Cards, I immediately grabbed some friends to go check the place out.

The deal was sweet. Free flow of lamb and beef from the spit roast, salads, pita bread, hand cut fries and Charlotte Street Red or White wine at $88++ per set ($50 per pax). Available till 31 July on Mondays-Wednesdays and Saturday (working area no crowd?).


So there we were, on a Saturday night, fine dining (some sort). Ambience was nice and service was attentive - plus. The food itself was just so-so. The cuts of meats were a tad fatty and inconsistently cooked, there were some nice medium rare slices and then there were the dry overcooked slices. Overall, the beef was better than the lamb and I suppose for the price I can't complain. I have to commend the choice of house white and red wine, quite palatable and so we kept topping up haha.

Would I return? Hmm maybe, just to enjoy the deal again before it expires. I wonder if the ala carte meats are cooked with greater care. If not, I will not pay full price to eat here.

No comments:

Post a Comment