Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Liberty Coffee

B first saw this little cafe beside Jewel Cafe & Bar when we had dinner there. "Let's go check it out?" he asked so there we were one lazy afternoon, at Rangoon Road again (new regular hangout). 



Excellent suggestion - I think I just found my new favorite cafe!


Liberty Cafe is a small space with limited seating so it was pretty crowded when we got there. Luckily for us - we managed to snag a table within a few minutes. While B was ordering our usual lattes, I practically drooled at the display of cakes and tarts. 

Resist. 

We sat flipping through the newspapers. I turned to look at the cakes again. 

Resist.

Everyone around us seemed to be having the cakes and many were buying the cakes takeaway. 

Resist.

"Will you share a cake with me?" I asked B, using my please-indulge-me puppy eyes. Resistance was futile. Haha. 


So the coffee came and after taking one sip, B exclaimed "WOW". I took a sip and I went "Ok I see what you mean."

They use some excellent beans here. I usually like a little sugar in my coffee which is sacrilegious to the coffee snobs and baristas out there I know. But the coffee at Liberty was so aromatic with no bitterness that I just drank it without sugar. Yay I feel so grown up. 


This gula melaka chiffon cake deserves its own close-up photo. OMG I can totally understand why people were buying the cakes to go. I LOVED this cake - it's heavier than normal chiffon cake with nice layer of gula melaka infused coconut and topped off with chopped pistachios. Even B (who doesn't have a sweet tooth) thought it was very good. 

I want to return next weekend to try the other cakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment