Thursday, May 9, 2013

Department of Caffeine

I've been on the hunt for cafes with good coffee AND food. When I read about this new coffee joint along Duxton Road, and the reviews seemed to suggest that the food was good, I prompted suggested it to Noe for our lunch date. Walking distance from both our offices!


VERY limited menu. The salads sounded interesting on paper, but when I looked at them displayed at the counter, they didn't look appetizing at all. The beetroot salad - it was just chunks of beetroot! The bean salad was well... just beans. Ditto the japanese noodle salad..

The coffee was ok I guess. Not amazing but competent. This is afterall, a coffee joint. 


So I ended up ordering the pulled pork sandwich which came highly recommended by the staff/owner (?). To xxx, I apologize for my disappointment in your salads - great service, btw. 


The pulled pork, though tasty, was a tad dry. Nothing a drizzle of BBQ sauce could not solve but still..  The sandwich scores on presentation (I'll give you that) but keep it moist sir, keep it moist!

Ok. That came out wrong. Anyways, you get my point. 

I would suggest having the morrocan carrot and raisin salad that came with the pulled pork sandwich as a main salad. Because it was the best part of the meal (seriously). I liked the texture and the raisins were plump and sweet. 

Verdict: I might return for the coffee since it's near the office, but likely after lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment