Thursday, May 23, 2013

Claypot Fun (East Coast)

I love, love, love food cooked in clay pots. It's that extra wok hei you get that just makes everything taste so much better. I feel ashamed of myself for just discovering Claypot Fun located at the Playground at East Coast - it's literally right under my nose when I go for yoga class!

It is officially going on my list of "comfort food" joints *grin*


Classic claypot rice with generous chunks of juicy chicken, moist mushroom and fragrant lap cheong - we ordered a second large-sized serving!


Old skool minced pork and salted fish rice tasted of pure nostalgia.  I prefer the claypot chicken rice though.


Fermented Shrimp paste lettuce in claypot - my very favourite dish! Very simple ingredients but I absolutely loved it. I think I finished one claypot on my own while my sis looked on in amazement (lucky she doesn't like veggies so no competition there).
   

The other star dish of the evening was the claypot liver. Sooo good - I couldn't get enough of that yummy sauce and soft tender liver slices.  The braised eggplant and sweet and sour pork in the background, on the other hand were just so-so. 

Verdict - A lovely venue for a hearty home-style meal. I thought the prices were pretty reasonable for aircon comfort too. Will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment